Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player


Chemistry

Department at a Glance

Department of Chemistry Started in 1947. Honours teaching started from 1976. P.G Course started from 1984.

The Department of Chemistry was started in 1948 with introduction of the Intermediate Education in Science. Dr. (Mrs.) Rani Chakrovarti (Nee Mishra) was the founder Head and contributed to the introduction of B.Sc. course in 1966. Subsequently Professor Dr Sarojini Srivastava (1973‚Äď1991), Dr. Gomati Venkatraman (1991-2001) headed the department.
Dr Sarojini Srivastava elevated to the post of Principal of the college (1991-95). The B.Sc. honours teaching in chemistry was started in 1976. The M.Sc. course in chemistry started in 1984. The present head is Professor Dr. Rani Azad. The department has the distinction of being the first in the country to introduce a new course M.Sc. in Herbal Chemistry in 2008. The course was granted by U.G.C. under its Innovative Programme. The teachers of the department are actively engaged in research works as is evident from the list of publications in standard journals and production of PhD. Three minor research projects financed by UGC were completed successfully and one Major Research Project is going on under
Prof. (Dr.) Rani Azad. Department also conducted a large number of National symposium/seminar and workshop financed by the UGC and DST.

 

Report of the Department

 

The Principal

Prof. (Dr.) Dharmshila Prasad
Principal

Seach this website

Annual Reports

Annual Report - 2008

Annual Report - 2009

Annual Report - 2010

Annual Report - 2011

Annual Report - 2012

Annual Report - 2013

Annual Report - 2014

General Enquiry

Time for Enquiry
12 noon to 4 pm

Principal Office
0612-2219454

Mr. Jawaid Hussain
+91-9931444681

Admission to SPSS Course
January 05, 2016





Site Admin Powered by AVIWEB.